Come and explore beautiful medieval towns, chateaux and stunning Gothic, Renaissance and Baroque architecture of the Czech Republic, all whilst relaxing at the famous beer spa and on a boat cruise. Hop on over Austria to catch magnificent sights of the city center and countryside. Wine Harvest Festival in STRÁŽNICE – Traditional Moravian Celebration.
• Prague 3 nights • Brno 3 nights • Pilsen 2 nights • České Budějovice 3 nights
Other cities and places to visit:
• Kutná Hora • Zelená Hora • Strážnice • Olomouc • Kroměříž • Znojmo • Telč • Český Krumlov • Karlovy Vary • Mariánské Lázně • Rückl Glass • Hluboká Chateau • DINNER PARTY with FOLKLORE PROGRAM full of MUSIC - DANCE and lots of FUN!
Wine Harvest Festival in STRÁŽNICE – Traditional Moravian Celebration
DAILY TOUR PROGRAM
Day 1 - Wednesday 11
Depart your hometown and take an overnight flight across the Atlantic. Enjoy in-flight entertainment and meal service as you travel to start your vacation. (Airline tickets require separate purchases).
Day 2 – Thursday 12 (D) Prague - 1 night
The tour starts today from your hotel in PRAGUE. The tour starts today from your hotel in PRAGUE. Begin your afternoon with a walking tour to Old Town Square, viewing Týn Church and its magnificent towers, the unique Astronomical Clock, St. Nicholas Cathedral, and Old Town Hall. Continue to the 14th-century Charles Bridge, one of Prague's loveliest and most characteristic sights with its 16 arches and 30 statues. Join your fellow travelers for a WELCOME DINNER in the local restaurant tonight.
Day 3 - Friday 13 (B, L) Brno - 3 nights
AM, depart to KUTNÁ HORA - the 2nd largest town after Prague in the Middle Ages. We’ll tour the St. Barbara Cathedral is a jewel in the crown of Gothic architecture. The unique All Saints' cemetery chapel located on the outskirts of the town is also worth exploring, as it contains a crypt Ossuary with decorations made exclusively from human skulls and bones.
• PM continues to visit the largest museum of Czech National Costumes. It is the first and only museum in the Czech Republic that presents costumes from all costume areas in the country. You’ll enjoy seeing a total of 260 complete costume mannequins in the museum, a total of over 4,000 thematic exhibits, over 100 pieces of period footwear, and much more.
• The St. John Nepomuk's Pilgrimage Church in ZELENÁ HORA is next on the schedule. Based on a five-point starshaped ground plan, this outstanding structure is the jewel in the crown of European baroque architecture.
• Later we’ll continue to BRNO.
Day 4 - Saturday 14 (B, L)
AM BRNO city tour - Church of St. Jacob, Vegetable market, Cathedral of St. Peter & Paul, and City center. PM trip to visit the “Open Air Museum” in STRÁŽNICE to enjoy the Wine Harvest Festival. You can look forward to a traditional costumed parade through the city, folklore shows and entertainment in the square, a fair, and also the opportunity to taste quality wines from local winemakers in the square and in the vine cellars with dulcimer music. You may also have a chance to visit the Skanzen – Open Air Museum. Folk architecture from the 18th century,
Day 5 - Sunday 15 (B, L)
Morning, depart to OLOMOUC - a royal town since 1253. Olomouc - the oldest and the largest historical town protected by a monument reserve in the Czech Republic. Prague - is full of precious monuments and landmarks. Olomouc is the Czech Republic's second in terms of history and architecture. • After the city tour and lunch we’ll continue to KROMĚŘÍŽ. The splendid Kroměříž chateau and its beautiful gardens are considered an especially attractive and well-preserved example of Baroque palatial and garden design. They played an important role in the development of Central European Baroque architecture of gardens and palaces. Guided city tour of adjoining colonnade and beautiful gardens.
Day 6 - Monday 16 (B, L) České Budějovice - 2 nights
AM depart to ZNOJMO. Znojmo is the center of a wellknown wine region. The historic town center with its numerous churches, all surrounded by medieval city walls, has preserved its Renaissance look and is full of crooked lanes, romantic views, and picturesque nooks and crannies. City tour. • After lunch, we’ll continue to TELČ - a transformation of the Italian Renaissance Style, built in Renaissance style, consisting of a long square lined with arcades and a Church of St. James from the 14th century. Telč boasts one of the most beautiful squares to be found in the Czech Republic. The Renaissance Telč Chateau is an important historical monument in a magnificent garden. A UNESCO
World Heritage Site. Self-guided tour and shopping.
• Later we’ll continue to ČESKÉ BUDĚJOVICE, the hometown of Budweiser / Budvar Brewery. Free time at leisure.
Day 7 - Tuesday 17 (B, L)
AM, After touring the Budweiser / Budvar Brewery you’ll visit the center of the town with its magnificent square, one of the largest in Europe. It is lined with Gothic, Renaissance, and Baroque houses with arcades and Samsonʼs Fountain in its center (from 1727).
• Later continue to the medieval town of ČESKÝ KRUMLOV, the jewel of South Bohemia. Although over the past few years, the town has transformed itself into a lively cultural and tourist center, it continues to create the impression of a place where time stopped several centuries ago. Among the attractions is the second-largest castle complex in the Czech Republic, the oldest working Baroque theater in Europe, and an open-air theater with a revolving auditorium. Guided city tour followed by free time for leisure and shopping for beautiful Garnet jewelry.
Day 8 - Wednesday 18 (B, L)
AM free time at leisure for a chance to visit some of the sites of the town, shop or just relax. PM visit a “Windsor style” HLUBOKÁ Chateau. The chateau was originally founded as a guarding castle in the mid-13th century by the Kings of Bohemia, and being royal property, it was frequently forfeited. In its 120 rooms, there are valuable collections of paintings, tapestries, furniture, and weapons collections mostly from the 17th and 18th centuries.
Day 9 - Thursday 19 (B, L) Pilsen - 2 nights
After breakfast departs to the west Bohemian metropolis PILSEN. This West Bohemian metropolis with 170,000 inhabitants is the fourth largest city in the Czech Republic. Its historical predecessor was a former watch castle dating back to the 10th century. Pilsen is known for its famous Pilsen beer - Pilsner Urquell. The Town Hall is a good example of the Bohemian Renaissance (1555-59). The gothic St. Bartholomewʼs Church (14th century) has the highest spire in Bohemia (103 m). Guided city tour includes the city center, a monument dedicated to the US Army for the liberation of the city in May 1945 - “Thank you America!” and other sites. Rest of the day at leisure.
Day 10 - Friday 20 (B, L)
Day trip to KARLOVY VARY founded by the Bohemian King Charles IV. in the 14th century. The town has been recapturing its former glory with its Baroque and Art Nouveau buildings being restored and people rediscovering all the
town has to offer. Tour the colonnade and taste the water from the 12 curative thermal mineral springs. Admire the beauty of both the historic and modern colonnades. PM, continue to MARIÁNSKÉ LÁZNE - the second largest spa resort in the Czech Republic founded in the last century. Carefully arranged large parks, spa forests, specific architecture, flourishing cultural, sports, and social life. Of the 140 mineral springs in the town, 39 are used for treating kidneys, respiratory and urinary disorders. Tour the Colonnade and view the “Singing Fountain” in front of the main colonnade. Free time at leisure/return to Pilsen.
Day 11 - Saturday 21 (B, D) Prague - 2 nights
After breakfast, begin your day by visiting the Rückl Crystal Glassworks with a great opportunity for bargain shopping in the local store. Continue to PRAGUE to spend your afternoon at leisure.
•Evening is reserved for our most popular DINNER PARTY with the FOLKLORE PROGRAM full of MUSIC - DANCE and lots of FUN!
Day 12 - Sunday 22 (B)
Enjoy a free day to further explore the sights of PRAGUE, or perhaps indulge in last-minute shopping. There is music available everywhere and you may enjoy a concert. Perhaps, you’ll like to visit with friends, and relatives or visit your ancestral village - we can arrange for you an English speaking driver who will take you there.
Day 13 - Monday 23 (B)
After breakfast, your tour ends this morning, leaving you with pleasant memories of a wonderful vacation.
*Subject to change
Itinerary* “TRAVEL BOOK” with daily program > detailed schedule information will be mailed to you approx. 1 month before departure
(B - Breakfast; L – Lunch; D - Dinner)
• Land transfers - Air-conditioned motor coach
• Clean and comfortable 4-star hotels or similar
• Breakfasts, lunches, or dinners as per itinerary
• All scheduled sightseeing & entrance fees, local taxes, music, parties & entertainment
• Escorted by Czech nativ, English speaking Tour guides
• "Travel Book” with maps of the Czech Republic and Prague plus the information you need to know before you go & during the tour
x Group Airfare available (please ask us, we can assist)
x Travel Insurance (please ask us, we can assist)
x Porterage and gratuities for guides and driver
x Personal expenses
x Meals & beverages not mentioned in the program
x Anything not mentioned in the inclusions
TOUR RESERVATIONS DETAILS
Land tour price per person based on double occupancy: $2,995 For single room add: $915
If interested – request the “Registration Form” and
Book by:June 1, 2024 Past Due by: June 15, 2024